Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Artist of the Week - George Vlosich III


Thanks to Mr. Martin, I got turned onto this artist that uses an Etch-A-Sketch to create his art. His name is George Vlosich III and the process takes him 60-70 hours per portrait/composition to complete - without EVER making a mistake!! His skill at using this great tool results in fabulous pop art! Be sure to check out the link on his website that explains and shows the process. Incredible! I remember using one myself and the diagonal lines were the most difficult for me - it was much easier to manuver horizontally and vertically. For those of us who grew up in the 50's and 60's, there are strong memories with this being a popular toy (reeeaaallllly great for long car trips!) - and they were definitely around. I had one myself and noodled around on it, but I had no idea it was such an expressive medium!! I really have great respect for this artist - what success, what ingenuity, and what talent! Hope you have been introduced to a new artist this week!

No comments: