Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Artist of the Week - Paul Klee

I have loved this image ever since I was a child. Long ago, there was a wonderful publication called "Horizon" that my parents subscribed to. Days when I was home ill, I thumbed through these books, looking at the spectacular artworks, reading the articles about literature and listening to classical music. As I begin to find out more about Klee, I see that he valued the "primitive" and especially the art of children because of the directness and innocence of their artistic approach. A man after my own heart, he drew from botany, astronomy, physics and psychology. His work spanned the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th, yet his work still looks fresh and contemporary. If you are not familiar with his work, check him out!

No comments: