Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 30, 2006

Artist of the Week - Chuck Close

The artist of the week is Chuck Close. He is a painter and also a printmaker building his complex images with layers and layers of colors. When I was poking around the internet, I found out that I had missed an exhibit of his work at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth by two days!!! I'm still not over this!!! Just goes to show that I need to stay up on my museum calendars so I don't miss out again! Oh, the pain of it all...... Anyway, printmaking is on the board for the beginning of the year in my Art I classes, so I'm interested in artists who use this technique for their work. If you have the time and inclination, check out the link below for a 30 minute video of Chuck Close with a gallery owner. Great interview and insight into the artist's work.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5095353369406214540&pr=goog-sl

No comments: